GIS stands for geographic information system. It is defined tool, capable of mapping, analyzing, manipulating and storing geographical data in order to provide solutions to real world problems and help in planning for the future. GIS deals with what and where components of occurrences. For example, to regulate rapid transportation, a government decides to build fly over (what component) in those areas of the city where traffic jams are common (where component).
- Maximizing the efficiency of planning and decision making
- Integrating information from multiple sources
- Facilitating complex querying and analysis
- Eleminating surplus data and minimizing repetition
course outcomes q-gis and grass- gis
- To explain the basics of GIS & the various components of Q-GIS
- To construct various GIS data models
- To summarize about project system
- To executing the applications areas of GIS
- Digital photogrammetry engineering structures assessments e.g. Dam, Canal, Bridge etc, disaster assessment.